BodybuildingPro.com Articles Database Articles by Writer Articles by Bodybuilder David Pat Unleash Your Abs
Unleash Your Abs!
Did you know that in as little as 10 minutes a day, 5 times a week you can unleash your abs!? In 4 weeks you can have the abs you have always dreamed of? How you say? Well, simple. Eat right and workout your abs. Very simple strategy. People have been doing it for generations. Here's how you can turn your abs from flab to fab.
9 "Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself.
(BONUS- special Biblical bread recipe)
All you have to do in this department is cut out your snacks and flavored drinks. I guarantee that just cutting out snacks and drinks for a month will equate to enough calorie loss to promote the fat burning environment that will unleash your abs. By snacks I mean things like Goldfishes, Oreos and even Triscuits. Cutting out snacks can easily eliminate an extra 200-500 calories a day depending on the person. Also, by cutting out flavored drinks such as iced teas, sodas and juices, you're also losing another couple hundred calories a day. Even orange juice has unnecessary sugar that is added which in the end equates to extra calories.
Here's a sample meal plan that you can follow on your own.
I always include lots of milk, oatmeal and meat. Good meats are chicken and tuna. I cut out junk calories like candy, fast food and chips to ensure that I'm not adding any unnecessary body fat.
Breakfast: 2 slices WHOLE wheat bread, Natural Peanut butter unsalted, 12 oz milk
Snack: 3 hard-boiled eggs, Banana
Lunch: Chicken salad, preferably without dressing
Snack: bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar
After workout: Protein Shake (20oz. 50g protein)
Dinner: Can of Tuna Brown Rice and Broccoli
Notice how most of the foods here are made from scratch. I highly discourage eating anything from a package. Fresh is always going to be better than packaged. You don't want a lot of the preservatives that come with packing foods. By eating fresh foods you're drastically cutting your sodium intake, which dries out your skin and makes you retain water (giving you the "bloated" look). At the same time, cutting out packaged foods also means that your scaling back a lot of your trans fat intake because your not eating any kinds of hydrogenated oils that are often associated with packaged foods. Look down some of the middle aisles at the Supermarket. You will be hard pressed to find any foods that don't contain partially hydrogenated oils. Best thing to do is to eat fresh and to shop along the outside of the supermarket.
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
Believe it or not, you only need 3 exercises to unleash your abs. When I first worked out my abs all I did was crunches but if you diversify your exercises you will get results even faster.
1. Crunches. Your basic floor crunch. Lie on your back with your feet at 90 degrees and crunch your torso to your legs. Make you're your not moving your head too much and really focus on letting the abs do the work.
2. Bicycle Crunch. Very similar except your pedaling your legs like you're on a bicycle (understand the name now?) and your also alternating which side of your body goes up first. You can do this with a partner if you like since it's more fun that way. Easy way to think about this is Right knee-Left Elbow, then alternate.
3. Hanging knee raise. This is a personal favorite. All you have to do is hang from something and bring your knees to your chest. Don't cheat by swinging your legs. Stay nice and slow. Seriously, DON'T SWING!
That's all there is to it. Do abs 5 times a week and you're on your way to having ridiculously nice abs. Schweet!
1. You would be surprised but most people do their Ab exercises wrong. What I mean is that they are going through the motions rather than feeling the full contractions of each crunch/abduction motion.
The key to nailing down an exercise is to "feel" every exercise. If you are doing crunches and don't even notice your abs are working then your wrong. Really concentrate on what your abs are doing. A lot of people will cheat on exercises because it burns less or because it's easier. Well of course it's easier, you're not doing it right! No pain, no gain.
2. Consistency is essential to training abs. I recommend that when you're first starting out; work your abs twice a day. By this I mean that you do crunches first thing in the morning and right before bed. This is on top of your ab training days. It is hard to overtrain abs because most of the time your working without weights and abs recover quicker than other muscles.
3. Make it fun! If you dread working your abs then of course you're going to hate it. This article has some basic guidelines that have been proven to work for a majority of people but your body is unique and not everything wells for some as for others. Continue inventing ways to bring out your abs. An easy test to see if something works is to do a lot of it and if you're sore the next day then it was probably good. Disclaimer- there's a difference between pain and soreness, think before you act, most things are common sense.
Abdominal muscles are probably one of the most popular muscles in the human body. Watch enough infomercials and it is easy to see that EVERYONE wants to have amazing abs. Most people don't put their desire into action though. It's not enough to just want something. You have to take steps to pursue that goal. Don't quit when it gets hard or you start missing workouts. It's ok if you don't see results in the first few days or weeks. Try mixing things up to see what works for you. Your body will let you know if it's bad for you. We weren't designed to eat enormous amounts of fats or carbs. That Oreo might taste good in your mouth but afterwards you know your going to feel bad with it sitting in your stomach. Don't be a slacker! Hard work pays off. You reap what you sow.
- David Pat (Mr. Teen San Diego)
Back To David Pat's Main Page
Back to Abs Training Database
Back to Writers Database
Back to Bodybuilders Database
Back to Discussion Forum
Back to EZINE Database
Visitor Reviews Of This Article!
Read Visitor Reviews - Write Your Own Review
|Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Maximum Performance
With Outlast Carbohydrate Matrix!
Gaspari took Sports Nutrition to the highest level with SizeOn, the original intra-workout creatine drink. As clinical research advances, so does Gaspari Nutrition which is why SizeOn has now evolved into the Ultimate Hybrid Intra-Workout Whey Hydrolysate Creatine Formula. BUY IT NOW