|The Seven Sacred Rules for Packing on Muscle Weight You Should Never Break
BodybuildingPro.com Training Database The Seven Sacred Rules for Packing on Muscle Weight You Should Never Break Bodybuilding FAQ
Brought to you By: GetBig.com
|The Seven Sacred Rules for|
Packing on Muscle Weight You Should Never Break
These rules were featured in Ironman Magazine, December
- Eat at least five times a day, every two to three hours. You must keep your system saturated with amino acids and glycogen from protein and carb sources, respectively, if you want to push muscle growth to abnormal levels. You never know when your body will need these precious nutrients. What's more, not eating every few hours can cause the starvation mechanism to kick in, which signals your body to begin consuming its own muscle tissue.
- Center your bodybuilding program around the big compound movements, such as squats and presses. You should strive for maximum efficiency of effort, or to work as many muscle groups as possible with as few sets as possible. Squats, for example,
train not only your quads but also your lower back and glutes, so direct work for the muscles that assist during the squat should be minimal. This leaves more of your recovery ability to help in the growth process when you're out of the gym.
- Don't do more than 30 all-out work sets at any workout, and less is usually better. Overtraining is the number one reason most bodybuilders can't pack on muscle weight.
- Don't train more than two days in a row. Your muscles
aren't the only things that have to recover after a heavy
workout; your entire nervous system needs a rest too.
- Have a protein drink immediately after every traning
session. Research indicates that boosting insulin levels
right after an intense workout promotes muscle protein synthesis,
which leads to faster growth.
- Take a break after four to six weeks of high intensity
training. Either take a full week off or downshift your
intensity for two weeks. This lets you recuperate fully and in
many cases promotes a new growth spurt.
- Keep your cruise control on. Try to keep your cool
during the day no matter what. Getting overly excited can stress
you out and cause excessive energy burn, energy your body could
be using to fuel extraordinary muscle growth.
Go to: Getbig Article & Interview Database
Back To Matt Canning's Main Page
Back to Contest Pages Database
Back to Mr. Olympia Pages Database
Back to Writers Database
Back to Bodybuilders Database
Back to Discussion Forum
Back to EZINE Database
Visitor Reviews Of This Article!
Read Visitor Reviews - Write Your Own Review
|Optimum Serious Mass Serious weight gain requires serious calories. However, those who need the extra calories most, often have the toughest time consuming enough of them. For many aspiring to be bigger, highly-active metabolisms, weaker appetites and on-the-run lifestyles make consuming sufficient calories through whole foods alone a real challenge. With Serious Mass, you've got nothing to lose and lots to gain. We've consolidated over 1,250 calories, 50 grams of protein, 250-plus grams of carbohydrates, and 25 vitamins & minerals with added glutamine and creatine into every serving. It's time to stop thinking small; get serious - Serious Mass. BUY IT NOW