BodybuildingPro.com Articles Database Articles by Writer Health Articles from www.valuablecontent.com Twelve Ways to Avoid Cancer Causing Toxins
Twelve Ways to Avoid Cancer Causing Toxins
When we add up the impurities we are subjected to everyday, is it any wonder cancer is an epidemic. Air pollution, toxins from household products, pesticides used during the growth of food and in animal feed, and preservatives used to keep food longer and looking fresher is the short list of what we are subjected to on a daily basis.
Where do we start to stop polluting our bodies and can we? It starts with educating ourselves. Don’t wait until it strikes to learn about it. The word “cancer” brings fear to our hearts so much, that the fear itself can make us ill.
Who do you believe? Information is available from the medical field, the drug companies, cancer organizations, magazines and the Internet. The important part is that you understand the causes before letting cancer begin. Knowing is the only power you have to start living a preventative lifestyle.
A new way to live. Start by making a list of all the possible toxins you expose yourself to everyday. The list itself will make you realize how often you subject yourself to substances that promote cancer. Under each item, list how you can substitute or do something different to eliminate the cancer causing toxin.
Ten ways to get you started.
1. Foods and pesticidesProblem: Foods sprayed by farmers and in grocery stores are never clear of chemicals.Solution: Buy organic foods, - at the very least wash with soap water and rinse thoroughly. Can you grow your own? Even if it’s only patio tomatoes and herbs, every bit helps.
2. Food PreservativesProblem: Chemicals added to make food last longer, or look better for higher sales.Solution: Buy bakery bread, and ask to be sure they aren’t using additives. Buy organic fresh, frozen or canned foods.
3. Dairy Problem: These days milk from cows can be laden with antibiotics and their food filled with chemicals and can still be sold for human consumption.Solution: Buy milk from cows raised naturally, or switch to soya milk for some of your baking, and on cereals. This is easily done by introducing it slowly into your new way of eating.
4. Deodorant Problem: Some brands contain aluminum, and your skin absorbs it!Solution: Buy brands without it. Try use baking soda – if it works to absorb odors around the house, it will work for you too – and it’s smooth.
5. Stress Problem: Living in pain from emotions, abuse, crisis and over working.Solution: Include a few stress relieving habits in your life. Start with a one to 2 hour weekly ritual. It could be a massage. If you don’t have the time and little money Sue Augustine’s book “Five Minute Retreats for Women” has many simple indulging ideas.
6. Cookware Problem: Cooking with aluminum cookware means you are ingesting aluminum.Solution: Use glass, cast iron, stoneware, earthenware, high grade steels for cooking.
7. Smoke or secondhand smoke Problem: Can’t quit, or surrounded by it.Solution: This is a biggy. Find help to quit and avoid smoke filled areas. If possible get your workplace to participate in a healthier environment – most employers will want to. Make a rule at your house – NO smoking.
8. Processed foods Problem: Stripped from processed foods, vitamins and nutrients are essential to keeping your resistance high to diseases. Solution: Get back to basics, include foods in your diet that aren’t processed as much as possible. Avoid prepared packaged meals and eat plenty of raw vegetables and fruit.
9. Air pollution Problem: Poor air quality from polluted air, in and out of the house. Know what your furniture is made of or protected with. Some adhesives and protection solvents emit toxins over months in your house.Solution: Use hepa filter air cleaners, avoid your own pollution contributions – gas powered tools. Take your bike or walk when ever possible
10. Artificial foods Problem: Saccharin and food coloring are unnatural substances for your body.Solution: Avoid foods with these ingredients. Find the real thing, that doesn’t use substitutes, or cut it out of your diet.
11. Sun Problem: Over-exposure or repetitive prolonged sun is extremely toxic to your skin.Solution: Cover up with sun blocking cream, and find shade.
12. Home cleansers Problem: Many cleansers include toxins you inhale during use. Have you ever felt sick after cleaning floors, bathrooms, your garage and/or any other household cleansing chores?Solution: Use vinegar, lemon, or baking soda to clean and avoid chlorine
Good health can be as simple as removing toxins from your daily routines.Your benefits will increase with the amount of effort you put into the change in your lifestyle.
To learn more about on cancer causing toxins and what you can do visit some of these websites:Families Against Cancer & ToxicsDedicated to finding causes of childhood cancers, with the goal of preventing future cases: http://www.familiesagainstcancer.org/
Breast CancerA non profit organization for breast cancer education: http://www.breastcancersupport.org/top-left/Risk-Reduction/risk.asp
Beware of websites that profess to educate. If you dig deeper you may discover they are promoting drugs. If the site has lots of useful information, but at some point they are giving you the details of what and how much of a drug to use, be cautious of an ulterior motive. Drug companies have enough money to build websites that pretend to be there for your support. In fact they are promoting a pharmaceutical product.
Barb Keck, has inspired others to do and be what they strive for and live life as pain free as possible for years. Her own long road of “recovery” became the “discovery of life”. Through reinventing her life to create a new one her writings today help others to be resourceful and face life’s challenges finding new ways to be.Want to find answers to daily dilemas? Visit www.vidaville.com.
Reprinted from ValuableContent.Com
Back to www.valuablecontent.com Main Page
Back to Nutrition Database
Visitor Reviews Of This Article!
Read Visitor Reviews - Write Your Own Review
|Optimum 100% Whey Protein Optimum 100% Whey is still number one, and sales are climbing! Whey protein has been proven to be the best type of protein for building quality muscle fast. Optimum did us all a favor by making a whey protein product that tastes awesome, actually mixes easily, and is cheap enough for everybody to afford. BUY IT NOW